Mission Accomplished!

By Belinda

 I worked hard all day in our loft room. I hoped that I would get a good chunk done today and finish it off on Monday.

I stopped at 4.00 to go to the library and get a few groceries we'd run out of and when I got home I made dinner and had a break with Paul. We enjoyed the film Amelia, about the life of legendary American pilot Amelia Earhart.

By the time the film was over and the dinner things in the dishwasher, it was 10 to 9. I decided that I had enough energy for a little more work on the loft room. An hour and a half later, to my surprise, it was DONE! Kevin can move in any time he likes now.

I thought that I would throw out a lot more stuff than I actually did. I confess to shuffling more of it than I should have kept, to other parts of the house, but a lot of magazines did get put in the recycling bin. I intend to have a second go at the stuff in the low cupboards that run along beneath the roof on one wall of the loft room, after Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas, I had to take all of the Christmas decorations out of those cupboards and put them in our mostly unused formal dining room, because I'll need them before the wedding in December. I think that having them all down there waiting for Christmas might be a great thing. This year I might be one step ahead in getting ready.




 Poignantly I found written directions to Uncle John's home in Worcester. I threw away the scrap of paper because he has moved on to heaven. One day I might actually remove his name and phone number from my phone. I haven't done it yet!





But with joy I stumbled upon the notes that I took during one conversation with him around our kitchen table. I had asked him about his memories of Christmases of his childhood and as he started talking I started writing. He went on to other stories and I kept taking notes. I had lost track of where I had put them and there they were today, under a pile of papers





Maybe one night this week I will transcribe some of the notes into a story on the blog. At least that way they will be both saved and shared! 

Comments

mercygraceword said…
Wow, what a beautiful room, you'll probably have people lining up to stay there! Wish I lived closer, I'd love to pick up those magazines, as we need them for crafts for the CH/JAF family retreat next week. I'm sure there will be local magazine hoarders I can get them from :-)
Appreciate your blog,
Deborah
mercygraceword said…
Belinda,
Wondering if you have Wendy Virgo on your blog reader? I think you'd like her, and I enjoyed this post which reminded me a little of yours?
http://wendyvirgo.wordpress.com/2011/08/17/sisters/
Belinda said…
Hey Deborah,
I still have lots of magazines I couldn't part with--and I have a source for some for you--a friend who brings me magazines her sister give to her. By the time I get them they are third hand! Now I know who to pass them on to. :)

Thanks for the blog recommendation. I will check it out right away.

And thank you for liking the room. If only I had taken "before" photos. I didn't think of it and would probably have been too ashamed to post them.:)
Tracy Campbell said…
Hi Belinda:
Yes, what a beautiful space.
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
Can't wait to read the story that you'll post about from the hand written notes you've uncovered.
No pressure eh!
Tracy
Belinda said…
Oh, Tracy! I receive the pressure. I am looking at them as I type this. :) I will share asap.

I take it as a great compliment that you like the space--coming from a home stager and all. :)
Susan said…
I love the new picture above the bed. :) How appropriate. It may be the last chance at Peace and Quiet that Kevin gets before marrying Ms. Personality-Plus! (But I'm pretty sure he's okay with that!) :)
Marilyn said…
What an inviting room! Congratulations!
I look forward to you sharing from the notes you found!

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family