Same World--Different Person

Matthew 11:28-30 (New International Version)
28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Same world--different person

In my heart, regret for all those years I didn't "see"

Control and aggression have no place in a gentle heart

And I thought my heart was gentle


Taking responsibility

For other's feelings and actions

--such hard and unnecessary work

And I didn't even realize I was doing it!


"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me

for I am gentle and humble in heart,

and you will find rest for your souls,

For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

And suddenly it is--so light!


1 Corinthians 13:4-5 (New International Version)
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters to the Editor

The Bells of St. Laurence Church Alvechurch

Samson Beaver and his Family