Seal of Approval

By Belinda

I was still in England in early August and checking in on family happenings on FB when I read Brenda's status on August 6, "Wedding dress shopping with the BFOTB today..."


"Wow," I thought, trying hard not to feel a million miles away--but I did! Especially when her status later that day was, "Success :)"


And then when our friend Paivi persuaded her to email her a photo of "the dress," and sent back the message...


"STUNNING!! You're a vision!!" 


...well, I resorted to a FB message of my own.


"Hey Brenda, I can't wait to see the dress. Did you really email it to Paivi??? I look forward to seeing you soon. Only one more day here. I will cherish every minute."


Hidden between the lines was longing. I was due home from England on August 9, but important things were happening while I was away!

A message came back that put my heart at rest: "I have it on hold right now but I want your final approval! A girl needs her mom's ok on such a big thing."

And so, the very next weekend we had a date at a bridal store in Barrie; Brenda, me and Tori (Tippy could not see what all the fuss was about and stayed home!) Three generations, there to experience the ultimate in female bonding.

It was so much fun. I had my camera of course. The important moments in life have to be captured.
When Brenda put the dress on hold, apparently the girl who drew up the sale the week before was new and threw in far too many "deals."

"We will lose our jobs if we give it you for this price," the seasoned staff wailed.

Brenda waved the sales slip and said, "Well then what do I do with this? This is what I budgeted for."

They conceded that they would have to honour the deal, but now Brenda worried, "I don't want you to lose your jobs."

They confessed to melodrama, while insisting that she had a deal in a million. :) It was all part of the game.







The best looking girls in the store.


When Brenda asked Tori if she saw a dress she liked, she said she loved the Kingfisher Blue dress behind the chaise lounge--mainly because it's her favourite colour. When she posed in front of it, she was an adorable mixture of budding sophistication in taste and ingénue in practice.













The excitement is building--oh, I almost forgot the dress. Paivi was right. She looked STUNNING! And I am sorry but I have to save THAT surprise for December! :)









Comments

Brave Raven said…
Can you tell that "Say Yes to the Dress" is my favourite show?!?!? I never thought she would actually send me the picture. She knows me well enough to know that I am a complete goof. I feel priveleged and perhaps a little guilty! She will be so beautiful.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family