Step by Step

Exodus 23:30 (New International Version)
30 Little by little I will drive them out before you, until you have increased enough to take possession of the land.

In a difficult moment yesterday, even though I felt really badly at the time, instead of reacting in accusation, judgement and emotion, I was able to be calm, pretty quickly understand where the other person was coming from, and not take what they did personally. I had help from a book that I just bought that was relevant to the issue.

Thanks to getting some insight last May, and realizing that I have a propensity for trampling boundaries, I was able to recognize that "the issue" belonged to the other person and not to me, and I was also able to focus only on my part, not theirs.

I say this not to boast--I know how fatal that would be--but to encourage others. People who have been on the journey with me for a while know that I have my struggles like everyone else. I just feel the need to celebrate good things when they happen. And I'm thankful for good books, based on God's ways, that aid us in marriage and friendships.

Sometimes on wobbly legs, little by little, step by step, we take the land!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I realize how this may perhaps be construed as a conceited comment, but I wouldn't be this "other person" you are referring to, would I?
If I am, I'm sorry about giving you a difficult time... And almost having you take it personally... I really never wanted that...
And if I'm not, then I suppose you can somewhat ignore this comment. :)
Love, L.
P.S. I don't mean to be enigmatic either... Sorry! :)
Belinda said…
Dear Night Owl,
Your identity is so safe that I don't know who you are! :)

However, I can assure you in this case that my poor husband was the one I was struggling with. :)

Let me know who you are hey? :)

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family