Third Day

Matthew 18:20 (New International Version)
20For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

It's evening--almost the end of the third day of my "at home" vacation. Downstairs I can hear a grandchild at their piano practise. I love listening to this simple sound almost as much as to a symphony. It seems an amazing thing that it's possible to look at black marks on white paper--pass their image through the eyes to the brain--to the fingers and onto the keys--and that they make the beautiful sound we call music! It's not quite a miracle but it seems like one to me.

Third day--it's been another good day!

I'm not getting the main thing done that I intended to do this week (my writing course assignment), but I've prayed for God to lead every day--and this week has been about catching up on a lot of things--and mainly relationships. It's Paul's 60th birthday tomorrow and he surprised us by wanting to invite the whole church--as well as family to his party on Saturday. He told us that the church is his family. Preparing for that is part of this week's agenda too. I'm praying that it is a wonderful time of celebration. He deserves it.

A friend and I talked through some stuff today in a long conversation that was so good. I tried hard to stay out of the porcupine/armadillo/turtle modes and stay in the soft rabbit mode with ears up and listening--I didn't manage it perfectly, but much better than I could have!

In the morning I read some of Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend's book, How to Have that Difficult Conversation You've Been Avoiding, and it was so helpful. I'm looking forward to the rest of the book.

This verse from Hebrews 4:12 (New International Version) was one I used in prayer.
12For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

We can be so blind to the truth of situations. All we see is our own perspective and the other person sees theirs, but when you put them both together with the grace and truth of the Holy Spirit (which sound so easy--but isn't)--things are so much better.

The last thing that helped, was thinking of the fact that it was to God that I must give account and I prayed that I would do well in this good day. I only want to hear him say, "This is my beloved daughter--in whom I am well pleased."

Exodus 33:14 (New International Version)
14 The LORD replied, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family