Passion and Inspiration

I was just about ready to leave the house this morning--the car was warming up--and, as usual, I looked as though I was setting out for a long trip instead of just the office. I'd gathered my very full briefcase, thermos (full of coffee, of course), purse and lunch box. The door from the downstairs apartment opened and Brenda came up.

"Mom, I've been thinking," she said, "about what it would take to make our community more aware of our church--and what it would take for them to think of us if they had a need."

She went on, her eyes shining with excitement, "You know how companies have fridge magnets--what if we had fridge magnets in the shape of the church--and a phrase on them like, "Need Some Care? Need Prayer? We'll be There!" with our phone number."

"How can we bridge the gap?" she asked--and then without waiting for an anwer,"I've been praying--I so want to see our church filled with new people who don't know about God."

"And," she said, "We could go and knock on doors and just give the magnets and a card or package saying, "Hi, we're from the church on the hill and we just want you to know we care,"--no pressure."

I got excited. Suddenly I saw a hand knocking on a door--the door opening--and that being a turning point in someone's life. I told her--"I'll be your partner."

John 20:21 (New International Version)

21Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family