PART II

TO CLEAVE

One never knows if one is going to be the bearer of just a greeting, conversation or a delivery of some sort, of meat, as it were.
Today, “Our Farmer”, as I like to call him (aka Paul) came by to deliver our meat order. And what started out as a simple conversation over why he is growing his hair, turned into a two and a half hour session of teaching, questioning and growth, for me. Let, me make it clear, that any conversation had with Paul is always deep and full of a journey. When I told my husband on the phone that he was on the way over with the meat, Frank laughed and said “Well I know you’ll have a great, long conversation about something!” And so we did.

It started in Genesis 1:1 where I was challenged to study more deeply the meaning of the words "In the Beginning..."
Paul has been studying the way and words of the Hebrews for years now and he and his family practice what they've learned in their daily living.
He speaks of Yeshua.
So we journeyed through the deep waters of the first few verses of Genesis 1 and my understanding of scripture is forever challenged.
We spoke of Eve and women, names and meanings and the relationship between Adam and Eve (men and women). I realized that The Holy Spirit was speaking through Paul about Edith Bunker.
What? You ask! What would God want to say about Edith Bunker? Well here is the tie. Read Part I above and see her strengths.
After God formed Adam out of the dust of the earth, Eve was taken out of Adam. She was formed from a part of his body, even from a part that covers, protects his heart. Without her, he is incomplete. Without him covering her, she also is unsheltered in this world. As a woman, who bears her children out of water, she is the water bearer. She is the helping, softening water to the dust he is formed from. She is meant to flow through life with him, assisting, coming alongside, praying, uplifting, all with the strength that the Holy Spirit provides, in order that the two might truly be one flesh as they journey along the river of life. The husband is told to leave his mother and father (Matt. 19:4-6) and cleave to his wife. The two actually do become one flesh again, but it's so much more than flesh, as spirit, heart and will mingle into each other. The cleaving is meant to last beyond physical union as each yields their life to the other in an agreement of oneness.
I knew this, in an intellectual sort of way, but it was enlightened to my mind today with a freshness I have never comprehended before.
This is what I see in Edith Bunker. She cleaves. She is not one, but lives intent on being a completer of Archie and even of those around her.

I know that the Comforter is coming to make things clear.

There is so much more to be had out of the Word. And it’s like Paul said…”There are two Bibles and you can read either one in the same book. You can skim the surface and read the one or ask the Holy Spirit, study the meanings and go deep.” Two Bibles. I know which one I have been reading for years, and I think it’s time I picked up the other.

I am looking forward to indulging the hunger that has been provoked in me, to eating slowly and hearing, learning of Him.

I said to Paul as he left "Well thanks for bringing the meat. It seems that you come bearing many kinds.....to eat, to discuss.....". He laughed.


“Oh, the depths of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments and his paths beyond tracing out! Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor? Who has ever given to God that God should repay him? For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen"
Romans 11:33-36 NIV "
But God chose the foolish things of this world to shame the wise..." 1 Corinthians 1:27 NIV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family