Making Room

2 Chronicles 6:18 (New International Version)
18 "But will God really dwell on earth with men?...

Exodus 25:8 (New International Version)
8 "Then have them make a sanctuary for me, and I will dwell among them.

I read the verses above in this morning's Daily Light and they caused me wonderment as they always do; these verses that speak of God wishing to camp out with us. But yes, that is exactly what they say--that he isn't far away and distant; he really wants to be with us.

Sanctuary; a sacred place; I thought about the need to make that place for God in my life daily.

We have to create space for him, a place set aside and then guard it, for it will be assailed by all the forces of hell. They know well that when we linger with God, in intimate communion, we are transformed and strongholds are broken through prayer rising to heaven.

Making room for him; how that reminds me of Bethelehem. We ought to be throwing open the doors, inviting him in and anointing his head and feet with perfume. We ought to be bathing him in our tears and wiping his feet with our hair as we read in the gospels that a woman did long ago.

Instead it is possible to live such distacted and busy lives that we have no room. I want to give him lavish space and make him welcome there.

2 Corinthians 6:16 (New International Version)
16 ...For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Bel(Q)- do you want to whip off your corset and say "Come on in,Lord"?;o-Poppy

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family