A Piler and Gatherer No More

Philippians 4:13 (New International Version) 13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Colossians 1:29 (New International Version) 29 To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me. I'm so close--I can almost taste the freedom! Over the past three weeks I've been steadily working on the "clutter epicentre" in our home--our loft room. The room, which has two skylights and a sloping ceiling under the roof, is reached by stepping up three steps from our landing. It contains a comfortable day-bed, desk, dresser and a large, pine bookcase that contains five shelves of my most cherished books. Piles of clutter also "reside and hide" in this room and have kept company with Christmas decorations that sat in a pile on the floor for four months before I put them away. I'm just realizing that my mother-in-law will read this and know what a terrible housekeeper I am--but perhaps she will add me to the list of other people she takes care of--even though she's eighty! :) The clutter has been shrinking as I have worked like an ant, carrying piles of books, papers, old audiotapes and other "stuff" downstairs. Today--a holiday Monday--the end is in sight! Being a habitual piler and gatherer--papers, books and magazines gather around me, within arm's length, as snow drifts around doors in winter. But inanimate objects don't really "gather and pile" by themselves--and I aim to change my ways! I have hope and determination for I have proved of late that old habits can be changed. I want the freedom to focus on the things that are duties and passions--without being distracted by clutter. 2 Corinthians 12:9 (New International Version) 9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family