Gifts

Matthew 25:19-21 (New International Version)
19 "After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. 20 The man who had received the five talents brought the other five. 'Master,' he said, 'you entrusted me with five talents. See, I have gained five more.'
21"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'

As I drove into work this morning I gave my day and my self to God.

I prayed, "Use me."

I laid my self open to him and asked for forgiveness; cleansing, from the sins that daily cloud my heart and soul.

I prayed, "Make me usable."

And I thought of what and who I am; created for a unique purpose in the fabric of this time and place on earth.

I prayed, "Make me useful."

Later that day, my co-worker Greg and I were doing an interview and talking with the person we were interviewing about what we can do to make sure other people's goals and dreams are supported.

The person was filled with energy and enthusiasm and she said that once she found out what the dream was, she would say to the person, "I can just see you doing that!"

And I thought what a wonderful gift that would be to a person, to have someone say that to you, "I can just see you doing that."

I have good friends that have said that to me and they have called out of me things that I didn't see in myself. How blessed I am to have the gift of friends like that. I hope that I can be that kind of friend to others and I think that I have been sometimes. It hasn't been hard, to see the gift that God is giving to the world in them.

Later, I was talking to one of my friends about the Johari window, a tool for describing the Self, that has four panes: The self that is known to ourselves and others; the self that others can see but we are blind to; the hidden self that we do not choose to reveal; and the self that is unknown to both ourselves and others but that can be discovered.

And this too, reminds me of how we need one another to help us uncover our gifts, to help release each other into all that God created us to be. I love that God set it all up this way. It's such a beautiful process to engage in, this blessing of one another into our purposes on this earth.

1 Peter 4:10 (New International Version)
10Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family