The Tip of the Iceberg

Galatians 1:15 (Amplified Bible)
15 But when He, Who had chosen and set me apart [even] before I was born and had called me by His grace (His undeserved favor and blessing), ...

Isaiah 49:1
1LISTEN TO me, O isles and coastlands, and hearken, you peoples from afar. The Lord has called me from the womb; from the body of my mother He has named my name.

God says that he calls us by name from the womb. He chooses and sets us apart for "something," and discovering what that "something" is can be an exciting journey of discovery--or--for some people, a perplexing puzzle.

I read this morning in some notes from a workshop I took a while ago, "There are a lot of things going on that God sees, but we don't see. What we see and understand is only the tip of the iceberg."

Yes, I believe that and have experienced it. There have been times when just as I was about to take on a role in ministry I found myself in an inner struggle with some personal area of weakness--sometimes the struggle came before I knew that I would have an opportunity to reach out to someone but when the opportunity came, I understood the battle that preceded it.

Sometimes I've had the feeling that the enemy of God and of us, was working hard to sabotage God's agenda. It was as if he (the enemy) was turning up the pressure, hoping to sideline me, and therefore anyone else that God could have used me to reach. In spite of that, God can use even our failures and brokeness if we only yield them to him.

Other times when I've been going through a "growth spurt" as I have lately with the removal of some blind spots, I've realized afterwards that the growing and pruning was God's preparation for the next level of what he wants to use me for. I had gunk and muck that needed to be cleaned out so that his pure clear refreshing water could flow through me to others. As one of my friends said today, "It's all good, right?"

I don't need to know what the rest of the iceberg looks like. I'm content to trust God and be glad for his work in me and through me.

Jeremiah 1:5
5Before I formed you in the womb I knew [and] approved of you [as My chosen instrument], and before you were born I separated and set you apart, consecrating you; [and] I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family