You Also Go

By Belinda

I returned from a writers' conference this weekend, overflowing with blessings, good teaching and inspiration.

Write! Canada was where I first shyly dared to call myself a writer ten years ago. Each year it is an invaluable opportunity to connect with kindred spirits; to network; and to learn.

On Sunday morning, after arriving home, I read this scripture in the Daily Light's selection for that day:
Matthew 20:4 (New International Version)
4 He told them, 'You also / go /and work in my vineyard, / and I will pay you whatever is right.

I took this passage as a commission from God--his hand resting gently but firmly on my shoulder, saying, "You also, go..."

"Here am I. Send me," I replied,

The words, "bear witness" have been in my head for some weeks and they were mentioned several times at the conference.  I will be faithful to bear witness wherever he places me.

"Bearing witness" in writing--isn't that a necessary and even essential task? I see things here, that no one else does--and it is the same for you.

And, so, you too, go...

Acts 1:8 (New International Version)
8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Comments

Shannon said…
What a timely reminder for me that I am only responsible for obedience and not the results. Thanks for sharing, Belinda.
Shannon
Karebear said…
I'm praying that I too will be willing and able to glorify God through writing! An exciting journey.
Belinda said…
Yes, Shannon and Karen, fellow scribes! May we be faithful to write Whatever He Says.
Laura J. Davis said…
Thank you Belinda. I was thinking the same thing today! I was reminded that we are here to glorify God in our lives and our writing. That's our responsibility. If we do our part He will take care of the results.

BTW, was it you that gave me the batteries? If so, thanks again!
Belinda said…
Yes, Laura--it WAS me. I was about to ask you--was that you I gave the batteries to? Ha ha! I'm sorry that I didn't recognize you!
Maureen said…
What a privilege and a responsibility it is to bear witness "in words" of Jesus. I'm so glad we have the Holy Spirit, Who gives us power and courage. I know I couldn't do anything without Him!
Marilyn Yocum said…
How wonderful to read these two bits of Scripture coming on the heels of your attendance this year. A confirmation, a reaffirmation. Press on, knowing you are sent out!

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family