Shower Me


By Belinda

My newly showered skin revels in the exquisite comfort of a freshly washed, fleece sweater.

My clean hair, tied back out of eyes and face, shiny and catching the light, feels silken as a baby's.

But I come seeking soul shower, this early morning.

Clean clothes, skin and hair are not enough to start my day; I seek my Saviour's sanctifying voice; his cleansing Holy Spirit breath through the hallways of my inner self.

Oh, Lord, shower me,
With your cleansing, purifying, mercy rain.
Wash away selfishness and soul dinginess,
Clean forgotten corners of cobwebs that drift in the breeze.
Blast them away with the breath of  your love.
Make me shiny; clean; pure; holy; set apart for service,
Shower me.

Hebrews 12:14 (New International Version)
14Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.

Ephesians 4:22-24 (New International Version)
22You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Ephesians 1:4 (New International Version)
4For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family