His Garment of Love

Colossians 3:12-14
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

I pull over my hands and arms the twin sleeves of compassion and kindness. May these sister virtues flow through the embrace of my arms and the touch of my hands in this good day.

Over my shoulders may the garment of Christ be a cloak of humility. His back stooped to wash dirt encrusted feet, and endured the cruel sting of Pilate’s flail. His shoulders bore the cross for me; shall my shoulders not bend too, in service and sacrifice?

Around me I gather the warmth of his gentleness, patience and forgiveness; may my heart be filled with his grace and forbearance, always remembering that I have received these gifts in unlimited measure but they are meant to be given as they were received.I put on the belt of his love, which is also the thread of which this entire garment is woven; this garment of Christ.

Romans 13:14
Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ...

Comments

Brenda said…
Belinda, How perfectly this post fits in with the one I have just written on my own blog. Our God is amazing! But I have come to expect it more and more each day. It's all about LOVE!
Belinda said…
Dear Brenda,
Thank you for pointing me to your post at His Eye. I loved reading all about the wedding and felt as if I was there. I don't feel now as if I missed it all completely. Thank you. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family