Pursuing Peace

After Dappled Meeting Place, Angie sent these words. I knew that others would love to read them too, and she gave me permission to send them out. This is part one of a two part story--Susan will be posting tomorrow and Angie's part two the day after:

Beautiful!
I love what you wrote. Those are my places too. Quiet places, in a bath, in a book or on a walk by a river or through a tunnel made of trees bending their leafy boughs over until you can't see the sky. It's a secret place where God is and where there are no phones or stereos or even the ever present hum of electricity.

Lately with all the busyness of life, my sometimes quiet place is under a silky, peach coloured scarf that I pull over my head. The children know that when I am inside there, I am praying.

Rebecca said "what are you praying for Mommy" and I said "Patience, gentleness." Now, if I've put the scarf down somewhere and a moment is happening with a small boy, she brings me the scarf and says "Here Mommy, so you can pray."

Ahhhh isn't life funny. God is good and I am grateful for those quiet moments.

Psalm 23:2-3 (New Living Translation)
2 He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams.
3 He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
bringing honor to his name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family