Checking In!

Psalm 121:1 (New International Version)
1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?

Just checking in to say--it's going well with the storyboard since I created it on Sunday.

Where I was feeling defeated, I feel confident.
Where I was tired, I feel rested.
Where I felt sluggish, I feel energized.

Change--positive change--is happening. Rah!

I'm reviewing the storyboard regularly to change my mind about who I am--reminding myself that I am a new creation in Christ--and reminding myself of who that person is.

Amy Carmichael writes in her journalled thoughts, published in the book, Edges of His Ways:
April 24th

"Can we command our thoughts? I believe we can. God has given us the power to close the shutter of our minds upon hurtful, weakening thoughts. He has provided all manner of shutters. A book that swings us off ourselves and into another world is a very good shutter; a song set to music; beauty; the dear love of those who love us. Above all, there is this: Look at Calvary. Look steadfastly. Take time to look and all within you will be hushed, for power streams forth from Calvary. We need never know defeat.

Romans 8:25 (New International Version)
25But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

Comments

Shawna said…
God shows me over and over again that if I would only think of the good things he has promised me instead of focusing on the negative, I would see that my life is changing for the better! Thanks for the reminder!

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family