A gift from God, a miracle--Ava Claire Jasmine--surrounded by a host of friends and family, she was anointed with oil and dedicated to God today!
The Bells of St. Laurence Church Alvechurch
By Belinda Susan emailed me yesterday afternoon with a photograph and mysterious message: If you know what this attached picture is, you'll know what I've spent a very happy hour or so researching and reading about this afternoon. Not sure why I happened upon this course of study but I did... and I've enjoyed every minute of it. I emailed her back, Wheels falling off wagons??? :) It turned out to be: The bells of Alvechurch Susan whiled away a few hours on Sunday afternoon doing research on bell ringing! She wrote again later: I kept reading about "change ringing in the English pattern" and decided I needed to know more about what that is like. I found this video from the Washington Cathedral. I love the description: "Change Ringing is a team sport, a highly coordinated musical performance, an antique art, and a demanding exercise that involves a group of people ringing rhythmically a set of tuned bells through a series of changing ...

Comments