Moment by Moment

John 12:47-48 (New International Version)

47"As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it. 48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day

Even Jesus did not judge those who heard his words but did not keep them. He said that he came to save, not condemn the world. However, to hear and reject will result in being judged on the last day--by those words not accepted--and condemned. I've always found these verses sobering.

A snippet from My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald J. Chambers (July 28th)

"If we realize that obedience is "the end" (not training or preparation for some future "end"), then each moment as it comes is precious."

This is how I want to think of each day--as a series of moments in which choices can be made. In my heart I want to be a hearer and "keeper" of Jesus' words. The only way to do it is moment by moment, praying for his ways to become my ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family