More Love, More Power, More of You in My LIfe

Mark 16:17-18 (Amplified Bible)

17And these attesting signs will accompany those who believe: in My name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new languages;
18They will pick up serpents; and [even] if they drink anything deadly, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will get well.


As I wrote last week, at our cell group study of Acts 2, someone said, "We serve a supernatural God and he acts in a supernatural way."

This afternoon as I sat in my cozy olive green walled, retreat and read a chapter each from the books of Numbers, Mark and Acts, the truth of those words was reaffirmed. But there is a difference between the adventures I read about in the Bible and my daily life with him.

If there is more of God to experience; more power--miracles--then I want to be counted in for that. That doesn't diminish the miracles that I do see daily--the beautiful earth he created for us to live in and enjoy and the miracle of lives changed by his power, these are glimpses of his hand at work and I rejoice in them daily.

So I prayed today for more of God. I prayed expectantly, believing that he hasn't changed. Stay tuned for more on the adventure as it unfolds--and join me in it if you are so inclined!

Hebrews 13:8 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
8Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family