The Friend

We welcome a new writer:
Vivienne Teloive

He spent most of the night holding me. I would ask him to let me go so I could die and he held on tighter.

I would tell him that the world would be better off without me, and he asked me if I had asked the world.

I said I was a drain on my friends, he asked me if I had asked them.

I said the pain was too much, he reminded me that I survived before.

He reminded me to breathe. He didn't leave me alone. He held on, helped me to hold on. He held me till I fell asleep.

Is this what God does?

Is this what friends do?

Psalm 118:17 (New International Version)
17 I will not die but live,
and will proclaim what the LORD has done.

Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


Comments

Susan said…
Wow, what a powerful bit of writing... I am comforted by these words somewhere deeper than I've ever quite realized there was pain before... Thankyou, Vivienne. Please keep writing!
Anonymous said…
:) aww! thanks so much, susan! :) you know, when i wrote this, i didn't expect much of it. i thought that the words would only ever be heard and/or understood by one maybe two people. i guess it's sort of like practicing a musical instrument - a musician practices for hours before they can share something with others. i'm so happy to be able to share this with you. :) and i will definitely keep writing. :) thanks for your comment. :)
Joyful Fox said…
Vivienne,

A beautiful tribute to your "Friend". This speaks of such deep intimacy with our Heavenly Father - a gift to all who read it.

Thanks for sharing these words from your heart.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family