Perfectly Made, Perfectly Loved

Psalm 139:1-5 (New International Version)
1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;

you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;

you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue

you know it completely, O LORD.
5 You hem me in—behind and before;

you have laid your hand upon me.

How wonderful people are--each person a sum of their genes, upbringing, experiences and culture. At birth, already affected by the emotions, sounds, nutrients and chemicals that flowed around and through the tiny form that grew in the dark but safe, hidden place.

With each successive year, unique factors influence, washing over the growing person as water on stone, polishing smooth, creating a shape, hue and sparkle, distinct from any other in the history of time.

Some experiences are painful and wounding--creating nicks and scars--but even these are part of our uniqueness.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb, who made thee?
Dost thou know who made thee?
Gave thee life, and bid thee feed,
By the stream and o'er the mead;
Gave thee clothing of delight,
softest clothing, woolly, bright;
Gave thee such a tender voice,
Making all the vales rejoice?
Little Lamb, who made thee?
Dost thou know who made thee?
Little Lamb, I'll tell thee,
Little Lamb, I'll tell thee,
He is called by thy name,
for He calls himself a Lamb,
He is meek, and He is mild;
He became a little child,
I a child, and thou a lamb,
We are called by His name.
Little Lamb, God bless thee!
Little Lamb, God bless thee!
William Blake (1757-1827)

Psalm 139:13-17 (New International Version)
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you

when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.

All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!

How vast is the sum of them!

Comments

Leann said…
dont you just love lambs.and the Lord is as sweet and gental as one to.I think there is nothing better then a meadow filled with baby lambs running and playing.I love the paintings with sheep grazing on hill sides.I know why Jesus used shepreds so much as he talked.its a good life.
God bless and have a great week.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family