Coping!

By Belinda

The house is smells like a feast is underway but it's just me, coping with my Mother of the Bride jitters.When I'm tense I work. I had two big parties at our house this week--one involving a turkey and the other a ham--so this afternoon I began simmering a huge turkey roaster full of a ham bone; yellow split peas; carrots; onions and celery, while on the stove, a stock pot holding a turkey carcass; onion and celery, likewise bubbled away.

I made four apple pies once the simmering was underway and I could hear the vacuum running downstairs. Brenda copes with stress by vacuuming!

Later in the evening Susan and Ron dropped off a gorgeous gingerbread church with stained windows made from melted candies. Their daughter Christy makes these fabulous creations and this was a labour of love.

Kevin, Brenda and I took it with us to Sleepy Hollow Golf and Country Club with the other decorations for tomorrow.

Paul was out at a concert that he and the missions committee had organized at a seniors home in the next town; a fund raiser for the local food bank.









This is Sheena, the woman who coordinates the special event planning at Sleepy Hollow. A lovely woman, warm, capable and committed to making every occasion as wonderful as it can be!

So many people are praying for us as a family. We are grateful for every prayer.

And now to bed!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bells of St. Laurence Church Alvechurch

Letters to the Editor

Samson Beaver and his Family