Dear Friends,
I had a phone call from Rob before I left for work this morning to say that Mum had not been well over the weekend. She had some chest congestion when I was there that was normal for her, but it got worse.

He called in the doctor yesterday (she isn't strong enough to fight anything off,) and he said that as soon as she started antibiotics that he prescribed, she showed signs of improvement. He said her fleet of Helping Hands ladies were being marvelous.

Tonight as soon as I got home from work, I called Rob. It was 10.45 pm in England and John my nephew answered the phone. He said that Rob had gone to the hospital with Mum. Apparently she had had a fall and there was a lot of blood. I can  only think that she got up after going to bed and lost her balance.

Right now I wish I was sleeping in the room next to hers, listening for movement in the night.

I  hope I can post a "Mum update" soon saying that her leg is stitched up and she is right as rain. Stay tuned.

Comments

mercygraceword said…
Praying,

Deborah
Marilyn Yocum said…
Praying.
Belinda said…
Thank you Deborah and Marilyn--and others I know are praying too. I'll be sure to let you know news as soon as I hear it from Rob.
Julie said…
Belinda as I was finishing up my day on my computer I felt complelled to go onto your blog again. I had been there this am, reading your post. I now know the prompting was the Holy Spirit. Praying for peace and comfort for you and healing for your mom and comfort and peace for your brother.

Thank you again for your posts from home, I loved your references to the sheep

God Bless Belinda
My heart is in my throat ... which is ok, I suppost cause my prayers will have both voice and heart. She's become 'mum' to many here on this blog.
Belinda said…
Thank you Dave and Julie. "Our" Mum is home and in good spirits. Rob is tired of course, and we need God's wisdom to know if we need to take a next step for more care for Mum. I'm glad I know God loves her even more than we do and that he is watching over her.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family