The Still of Winter Deep

I long for the snow...pure...white...deep - soft heaps of winter still. Eventide comes. Lights glisten on crystal flakes. I too, await the snowstorm. Expectant...hopeful...yearning. Will it be?

I seek more than snow. I long for peace, a quiet in my soul, a heart prepared during this advent season.

Advent means "to come"...celebration of birth of the Christ. Immanuel...God with us.

Still dear heart, quiet the chaos from within, from without. Look to your Father.Come kneel awhile.

Ponder tiny babe...swaddling cloth...the straw...shepherds...angels...Mary...Joseph a king born in manger...simple,beautiful,the message of Christmas...

Love, peace, and joy...in my heart to spill over...to touch the ones I love...who love me too.

Again His still, quiet voice whispers...I need to hear.

To remember...a promise given.

"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6 NASV

Snow falls...drifts...swirls...heaps...dulls the outer noise...penetrates the inner soul...pure, clean, fresh, new,gentle.

I turn my eyes, my ears, my heart to heaven...

May I receive a touch from His hand, sight to see, ears to hear...I yearn to "know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge,...to be filled up to the fulness of God." Ephesians 3:18 NASV

Comments

Belinda said…
Joyful, Your piece brings peace. It is a beautiful reminder of all that is pure and holy about Christmas--and how much we need The Gift that Christmas is all about. Thank you.
I add an Amen to Belinda's comment, a lovely piece to read this morning as snow falls about us and the world is made quiet.
Joyful Fox said…
Thanks to both of you. I am glad it touched you both.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family