Panoramic View

Psalm 119:97 (New International Version)
97 Oh, how I love your law!
I meditate on it all day long.


I was looking for the verse that I wanted to use for yesterday's post, about God's promises being sweeter than honey.


I don't have a concordance at hand where I am staying at present, but I knew that the verse was in the book of psalms, so I decided to skim quickly through the whole book, scanning each page for key words, in order to find it.


I didn't find it on the first skim through, or the second, but on the third, when I focused in more closely on Psalm 119, where I suspected rightly, that I'd find it.


What I discovered as well, was an interesting method of reading the Bible for a change--a different camera setting! My scan of Psalms stunned me with beauty. The imagery from nature; the use of metaphor; the range of human passion described--the prophetic words pertaining to Jesus--all these unfolded as a richly illuminated scroll that opened before my eyes.


Like a light plane flying over some lovely landscape whose pilot was compelled to land and inspect a beauty spot more closely, I found myself "touching down" to linger on certain psalms, sometimes simply to wonder at the literary beauty alone, of the writing, and sometimes at the depth of feeling expressed.


My flight over the psalms, and the panoramic view, were delightful.


Psalm 119:111 (New International Version)
111 Your statutes are my heritage forever;
they are the joy of my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family