A Sabbath Day's Journey

By Belinda

This is my sabbath day's journey--a summer sabbath day's journey. Come along and share it with me!

At worship practice I noticed that Frances had her beloved Daily Light. "I haven't read it yet this morning," I said, "Was it good?" And as the words left my lips I thought, "How silly! It is always good."

Frances immediately turned to the page for today and shared the verses that she felt led to share during the worship service.



And here is my dear friend Frances. The friend who is rich buttercream icing. And if you wonder why I call her that, you can read about it in a previous post, The Very Busy Day.






In the break between worship practice and the service, I chatted with Max, who was sitting in the pew waiting for church to begin. Max played his mouth organ for years as part of the worship team, but now, at 90, he doesn't always have the strength to make it up the steps to the platform. We could always depend on Max at the end of certain songs, to start a rousing encore of the chorus. His favourites were "How Great Thou Art," and the chorus to "Blessed Assurance." Today I excitedly told Max about my cataract surgery and how wonderful it was to see everything so clearly. He told me that he just had both eyes done within the past week. I said, "So you are putting in the eye drops too, four times a day?" And he said, in a Newfoundland accent and with a twinkle in his eye, "When I remembers."





This is Paul in deep conversation between the pews. He was probably hatching a project with Joyce, the leader of the missions committee.


Frances and sweet Paivi. We were the worship team for this good day.

Some of our grandchildren and their parents came for lunch after church, and after lunch and rest time for the adults :) we walked to the park.

Our dappled golden dog Molson came too of course!

Pete and Sue sat next to me on the park bench and watched the children, but eventually I left them to their own devices, and, with Molson, went to kick the football around with a grandson. Pete picked up my camera left behind on the bench and snapped a shot!


We tired before grandson!

I couldn't resist this abandoned scooter. Its owner came and retrieved it just after.

Flowers by the side of the road on the way home.





At the end of the afternoon, Molson, as he always does, took himself home on the last leg of the journey. It was such a good day.

Comments

My oh my, we had very different days. How we became friends? Who knows, but I thank God that we did.
Belinda said…
I thank God that we did too. See you tomorrow!

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family