Gratitude

By Belinda

Earlier this week, a co-worker led us in devotions at a team meeting (Kare Bear--Karen) and she shared a quote that made us all gasp in horror at the thought:
What if God only gave us tomorrow, what we thank him for today?
Thank goodness his grace and mercy outstrips our expressions of gratitude!

Tonight I am thanking him for an elderly man who is close to death and may not make it through this night, but who is dying at peace with God because my friend Jane shared an illustration with him from the book I wrote about here earlier this week, Game Plan for Life by coach Joe Gibbs. he is an avid sports fan and knows everything there is to know about all the coaches.  He can no longer speak but he gave a thumbs up when, after sharing, she asked her friend if he was ready to meet his Maker.
Lord, I thank you for the mystery of your ways; how you have woven that book into our lives in the past two weeks and used it to bless us. Thank you for your tender care for a soul on heaven's shores; thank you that you are already in tomorrow and have everything we need for whatever we need to accomplish. I put my hand in yours and hold on tight. How I love you.

John 15:8-10

The Message (MSG)

 5-8"I am the Vine, you are the branches. When you're joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can't produce a thing. Anyone who separates from me is deadwood, gathered up and thrown on the bonfire. But if you make yourselves at home with me and my words are at home in you, you can be sure that whatever you ask will be listened to and acted upon. This is how my Father shows who he is—when you produce grapes, when you mature as my disciples.
 9-10"I've loved you the way my Father has loved me. Make yourselves at home in my love. If you keep my commands, you'll remain intimately at home in my love. That's what I've done—kept my Father's commands and made myself at home in his love.

Comments

Anonymous said…
No change. Made it through the night. Jane

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family