Waiting

I lit a candle of vanilla scent. Its sweetness and warmth hung in the air; the light flickered and shimmered as I sat, quiet before him. Tonight we had a wordless communion; like that had with good friends, with whom sitting in silence is comfortable, and comforting somehow.

It felt good just to "be." There was no need to say a word; he knows it all. The words wouldn't come anyway, I was struck silent;quietened.

A great peace filled me. Strange, because I needed his wisdom on something. I didn't need to fight for it though, just rest in him and know that I had it because I had him.

My friend Marilyn wrote today at A Good a Day as Any about the waiting of Advent and how we are waiting still, for him to step into our world today; into the issues that face us and in which we seek his will and ways. She ended her post with the words:

Because
He still steps in.


Yes, he does, if only we wait...Perhaps that was why I was wordless and stilled. I had only to wait...and Advent is a waiting time.

Psalm 131:2 (Amplified Bible)
2Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with his mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me [ceased from fretting].

Comments

Deidra said…
Wow! This is beautiful and true. Be still and know that He is God...
Marilyn said…
He definitely steps in and speaks in. I keep putting things out there and He does. Amazingly, consistently, surprisingly.

I am not all hyped-up about what I need to say/pray to Him anymore. When there are words, fine. When there are none, sitting quietly before Him is a rich, full experience. Getting up, strange but true, the conversation continues. I have a sense of His working and no need to strive.

Now....how can I gift-wrap that and hand it out? Hmmm.......
Suz said…
How beautiful. This kind of goes with Diedra's post today. So I get it from two sources, does that mean I should pay attention?? I say "Yes."

Thank you for your beautiful words. They paint a lovely picture in my mind. A warm, soft, confortable picture.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family