Saturday

On Saturday, I, with my daughter-in-law Susan, my granddaughter and her friend, all set out for Hamilton for a Michael W. Smith concert at Copps Coliseum.

We left at 10.30 a.m., intending to enjoy this day to the full, and we did! Every single minute of it was perfect.

We had tickets in the Artist Circle, thanks to the generosity of my friend Susan's sister Brenda, who sadly couldn't make the concert herself. To add to the excitement we had an invitation to the V.I.P. lounge to meet the artists who would be opening for Michael W.Smith: Jon Bauer, High Valley, Kevin Pauls and Christine Evans.

We had lunch at Kelsey's upon arriving in Hamilton, and then found the nearest mall to shop in until 4.30, when the V.I.P. lounge opened. And so we found ourselves ushered in through a separate entrance to the crowds that would be arriving later. I was right out of my comfort zone, but planned to hide behind my daughter-in-law and granddaughter and let them do any meeting and greeting there was to be done, but from the moment we arrived, I kept bumping into people I knew, and in no time I was engaged in one conversation after another, totally forgetting my nervousness. The bands turned out to be just nice human beings, although we really didn't get close enough to them that they could bite!

There must have been 6,000 people at the Coliseum and the show was full of amazing music, as well as an atmosphere of worship and honour to God.

So, since a picture is worth a thousand words, I am sharing some photos of the concert, hoping that you enjoy them.





















Comments

Just Be Real said…
Awesome photos of the concert. I remember seeing Michael way back in the early 90's. Thanks for sharing. Blessings!
Please let me know when concerts like these are happening ... I'd loved to have been there. I love his music and his message.
Belinda said…
Dear Dave, Oh, you bet I will! If we ever get the chance I would love to go with you. What a glorious experience that would be.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family