Merry Christmas!

I've been thinking about how we tend to mix up "presents" with "presence," giving the simple gift of ourselves.

On this day we celebrate Emmanuel, "God with us."

He came then, and comes now, to be present with us and in us, but we can so easily miss this gift too.

When Jesus visited the home of Mary and Martha in Bethany, Mary saw the gift that had come to their home.
Martha was so busy and distracted with preparations for her visitor, that she could not enjoy his presence.
I want to be better at this; appreciating the presence of others, relaxing in relationship with people and giving my presence to others. I am often distracted and busy with many things.
Most of all, of course, I want to enjoy the gift of God's presence in Jesus. What a precious gift that is.
Today I wish everyone a very blessed Christmas.
Luke 10:40-42 (Amplified Bible)
40But Martha [overly occupied and too busy] was distracted with much serving; and she came up to Him and said, Lord, is it nothing to You that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me [to lend a hand and do her part along with me]!
41But the Lord replied to her by saying, Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things;
42There is need of only one or but
a few things. Mary has chosen the good portion (that which is to her advantage], which shall not be taken away from her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family