Rain

I love the rain that drips and drizzles, dampens earth and waters thirsty greens.
I love the rain that patters down, leaving splotches dark upon my walk.
I love the rain splattering upon my window, rolling drops make tracks straight down the pane.
I love the rain that pours, surrounds my house like waterfalls as I lay down, so dry and warm.

I love the rain as Spirit beckons spirit, soft soul drops refreshen thirsty one.
I love the rain as All Sufficient One replenishes the dry and yearning soil.
I love the rain as Shepherd King is known and I lie down in pastures green and water fills.
I love the rain as Majesty reveals and I bow down, receive, and worship Him.

I love the Reign,
Of this King who makes the rain and all we take and give.
And how we hear and thirst and yearn are all His doing
Anyway.
I love the rain.

Comments

Belinda said…
I LOVE the rain poem!

I love the rhythm and imagary. Thank you Ang for sharing such beauty.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
AngCat, Have you ever read poetry-stories by Shirley Hughes? She's English, and does kids' books. This reminded me of her stuff -- and she's my favourite for children.
Alex
Joyful Fox said…
Beautiful Angcat!

To be thankful and give praise to our creator allows us all to do the same along with you.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family