A Song for Robyn

Bright eyes look up at me
A smile so young and free
Your picture strikes a chord inside of me
Some things I've heard about you
Tell me that you knew
A Special Friend of mine--or two
Robyn, your love goes on and on
In friends and family
And friends of friends
Robyn, your life goes on and on
A precious circle that will never end
We'll never know the moment
When we'll have to go
I hope that when I do, I too can say
That I have touched the world
And that I've left behind
Some One for other friends to find
Jesus, your love goes on and on
In friends and family
And friends of friends
Jesus, your life goes on and on
A precious circle that
Will never end
I didn't know Robyn personally--she was the cousin of a friend--but I saw her photo, after she died tragically young, of anaphylactic shock while out with her youth group over 17 years ago. The young smile and bright eyes in her photo inspired this song--a reflection on life being so fragile and on leaving something of worth behind.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I saw your whateverhesays on Word Guild - love that! So I visited and read many of your devotionals, enjoyed your take on living for Jesus - inspiring!

Blessings,
Rose Brandon

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family