More of Me

2 Corinthians 4:10 (New International Version)
10We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.

Galatians 2:20 (New International Version)
20I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

More of You

More of you, more of you
I've had all but what I need
Just more of you
Of things I've had my fill
And yet I hunger still
Empty and bare, Lord hear my prayer
For more of you

I love the song, More of You, but I'm thinking that in the areas where I struggle in my life--it isn't about me having more of Jesus, but about Jesus having more of me.

All of him--the boundless resources of his wisdom, power and strength are mine for the receiving according to 2 Peter 1:3 (New International Version).

His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

So of what value is my faith if I remain stuck in bondage to an addiction or a stubborn self destructive habit?

I never want to portray myself as something I'm not--as someone who has no struggles or weaknesses--God knows that's not true. But neither does it bring glory to him to remain in defeat.

So far, since talking about this yesterday, the choices I've made--one at a time--have been good ones. I will be honest in sharing how it continues. Most of all I want to glorify my Lord, in a shady corner of my life that hasn't consistently done that so far.

I was talking to my friend Susan last night and she said that seeing how I've changed in the area of relating to others has given her hope for her own struggles. She knows me very well and is very honest. I know that I really have been changed. That's the blessing of laying our battles out there in the open and crying out to God for help. He is there--he does answer--and the glory--all of it--belongs to him.

2 Peter 3:11 (New International Version)
11... what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives

1 Peter 4:7 (New International Version)
7 The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family