Contagious Thoughts 3



There is music in the air of "opening up" the world again, a little at a time, and very carefully. How exciting this is! On Saturday a prescription was waiting for me at our local Shopper's Drug Mart.  Paul drove me there and waited outside like an accomplice in a getaway car!
Since I was "going in," I made a list of other items and picked them up, including at long last, a much-needed box of hair colour. I chose with great care, L'Oreal 9N Light Natural Blonde. My dark roots were an inch out-of-the-gate, and not adding value to my appearance one bit! I felt like a kid let out of school as I roamed the aisles, carefully avoiding close proximity with the other humans creeping around the store in the same unnatural manner.
When I left the store for my getaway car, clutching my haul of shower gel, body lotion, hair colour, face cream (sigh, okay, I confess, "neck tightening" cream,) a box of cereal, candy bars, and the medication that started this spree, it felt like Christmas morning! 
The next day, Sunday, I got up and for the first time in decades, with much trepidation, I lightened my own roots, while missing my faithful and trustworthy beauty accomplice, Jamie, like anything! But it went more easily than I anticipated, and I feel so much better having done the much-needed deed. In eight more weeks, I hope I'll be sitting in Jamie's chair for the next touch up, but for now, I'm good--and so excited for a world unfurling. Even if it is as slow as the Magnolia blossom outside our window, it feels every bit as beautiful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family