Let Gratitude Glow



Each night I point my car west to go home from work, and on Friday evening the sun was a giant, vivid red globe, slowly being put to bed beneath the covers of approaching night. It was a ravishingly beautiful beginning to the weekend.
 
Today, Saturday, has been gray and drizzly, but on the hills that surround our house, the red, yellow and orange of autumn glowed through the gray like bright embers amongst the ashes in a grate; unquenchable glory!
 
I had time in the day to reflect a little on life in my corner of the world, and made a decision. I decided to accept things as they are in a couple of areas.  
 
It is less important what the acceptance is about than the fact that it helped to change perspective. Changing how you think about something is almost as powerful, if not more so, than actually changing the circumstance.
 
The decision moved me from discontent to gratitude and I would rather experience my life with gratitude.
 
Let gratitude glow through a driving drizzle like those leafy embers on the hills! 

Comments

Chris said…
Hi Belinda, greetings from Northern Ontario. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/
Belinda said…
Thank you Chris, I am honoured! I checked out your blog and loved it too; your joy in retirement and amazing creativity!
Belinda said…
And Chris, I just noticed that you love two of my favourite crime writers! :)
Anonymous said…
I certainly agree with you - changing how we think about something is powerful - and the place God wants us to be. To be content in whatever state we are in - and to let the mind of Christ Jesus be in us. How blessed our lives would be if we could do this. I hope your contentment brings gratitude. Your journey continues.
Belinda said…
Thank you my friend Anonymous! Yes, the journey continues, and it is exciting and stimulating and I never know where it will take me next! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family