The Message of the Many Balls

By Belinda

It was one of those holy moments. We were praying as a work group at the start of our team meeting. One of our managers prayed for God's help with the many duties we juggle and she used the words, "the balls we need to keep in the air." And I saw this picture:

A figure stood facing me but I could not see who from the neck up. Around the person, on the ground, were scattered balls. 

Jesus was there too, facing the person. He bent down, and picked up a ball, a blue one. He gently placed it in the person's hands, in a most loving and intimate way. This was the ball the person was to carry and focus on in that moment. And he was the one who knew which one it should be.

It was simple, profound, and filled my heart with peace and my eyes with tears as I shared it moments later with the team.

Matthew 11:28-30

The Message (MSG)
28-30 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”
The Message (MSG)Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a lovely vision. And what an important lesson for us to learn. Thanks for sharing with us.
Belinda said…
Dear Anon,
It's a message we need--I need--and it has the potential to transform a day--and therefore a life, from frenzy to freedom.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family