Words of Wisdom

Dear Friends,
This morning I dipped into the archives to share some words of wisdom that blessed me. I hope that they are a blessing to you today!

1 John 4:10 (New International Version)
10This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

I love my job--and one of the things I love most is meeting so many interesting people and hearing their stories.

Occasionally someone tosses out more words of wisdom in half an hour than their share and I am left trying hard to write fast.

Yesterday I met a man who touched me with his obvious love of God. You could tell he knew him well and walked closely with him.

He said:
God can use anyone--you don't have to be a genius to be used by God.

On stress:
In life you add and you delete. If you have a lawn mower that's not working, you get rid of it. Not people--you don't get rid of people--but there's answers for stress.

On finding God:
Once I heard the gospel--the good news that Jesus saves--no "buts" attached--I ran up to the front. I said to the preacher--shut up--don't say no more--you got me!

On tithing:
That's peanuts. I say to God--whatever you want--you got me.

On baptism:
Just get me there!

He said that we are like a hose and God's the source--we're hooked up to the source. That source is inexhaustible.

Prayer: Dear Lord, It's a foretaste of Heaven, meeting a new brother or sister in Christ and feeling an instant connection--a kindred spirit. Thank you and please bless him as he blessed me.

Comments

Angcat said…
Hi B.,
I remember when you and Frank met this man, because Frank came home and told me all about him too.
He's like an arrow, pointing to God and like a runner in a race.

Thank you for sharing these sold out words again.
A.
Angcat said…
p.s.
I like your bookshelf.
:-)
Belinda said…
Ang, I'm so glad you remembered that day. It was so funny! Frank ended up going out for lunch with him! :) Two Italians together--what else would they do?

The thing about writing about these moments is that you can enjoy them all over again.
Belinda said…
Hey, I'm glad you like my bookshelf. But now everyone will know how long it takes me to get through a book! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family