Someone Must Have Lifted Me in Prayer

Galatians 6:2 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
2Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

I felt your gentle touch today Lord,
"Someone" must have lifted me in prayer.
While all around the storm was wildly raging,
I felt within my heart that You were there!
Caught up with all the cares of daily living--
I'd found no time for kneeling at Your feet,
But how I thank you Lord, for Your calm Presence,
And for somebody who lifted me in prayer.

This poem was written in 1984 at a time of intense stress. I remember driving home from work and taking the burdens of the day with me. My stomach was churning, mind racing; there seemed to be no end in sight to the workload and I felt that I was over my head and sinking fast. Then I stopped at a red light; I remember that it was 5 o'clock. A peace fell over me that was palpable. I can't explain it, but I knew someone was praying for me. Later I thought of the time difference of five hours with England, and realized that my mother would have been having her quiet time with God, as was her habit, before bed. There are times we need to carry one another in prayer and I for one, have experienced the blessing of being carried.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family