Port Soiree

By Belinda 

It got a brief mention in The Secret Adventures of Susan's Scottish ScarfPort Soiree in Schomberg. When I wrote about it then, I mentioned the artsy ambiance and tasty food. Although Susan and I decided to share a slice of apple pie for dessert, instead of serving it on one plate with two forks, the host, Alvaro, presented us with two plates, with our mini slices of pie, beautifully presented, each with a swirl of caramel sauce. Susan had joked with him that the pie would not be as good as mine. Alvaro said, "Oh, you make pie?" And after we ate every crumb of the scrumptious pie and proclaimed in ecstasy over its perfection and the tangy cranberries hidden among the slices of apples, he said, "But not as good as yours?"  

"Oh, better than mine," I had to admit!

I regretted then that I hadn't taken my camera along, but today when I went there with another friend, Joanne, I remembered. And here, so that you too can know about an amazing place to eat if you are ever in this area, is a photographic record of our meal today!

I am a great lover of vegetables and so I had the ten vegetable stir fry in teriyaki sauce with saffron rice. Delectable! 

My friend Joanne had penne in cream sauce with chicken. 

The home made bread was a treat. Joanne did not eat any and I had to restrain myself from eating her share too. :)

The decor is dramatic, rustic and splendidly colourful!



On every hand are interesting things to look at and admire. Outside the snow reflected back bright sunshine and a blue sky canopied the crisp, Ontario winter day. Inside, the rich warmth of our surroundings contrasted beautifully.

We spent a happy two hours chatting. I was sorry that Joanne staunchly resisted desert and Alvaro thought that I, too, only wanted coffee. 

But I took it as a hint from God that I should know when to stop! :)

Comments

Susan said…
What a delightful surprise to find this particular post here this morning. Not only did it bring back a happy memory, but it made me feel so good thinking of you enjoying the place all over again with someone so special.

And it makes me want to go back!...

Hey, Ron!? What're you doing Friday night? :)
Anonymous said…
It's great to find a cozy corner with good food that you can "scarf" down!! Get it?
Belinda said…
Ha ha, hilarious Anonymous! :) I did indeed "scarf" down mine! :)
Belinda said…
Hi Susan,
I'm glad this brought back that happy memory. That is the other gift of a place such as Port Soiree!

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family