Morning Thoughts

By Belinda

For those who would like to share devotions with me this morning...
Proverbs 3:6

English Standard Version (ESV)
6In all your ways(A) acknowledge him,
   and he(B) will make straight your paths.

 Usually, this verse is inseparable from the one before it:
verse 5:Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.


Together they go, and together they are beautiful, but this time, it is verse 6 that speaks to me:
"In all your ways acknowledge him."

These words remind me to be true to God's Holy Spirit, who lives in me, wherever and with whomever I am. It seems to connect with these verses from the book of Matthew:

Matthew 5:14-15

English Standard Version (ESV)

 14(A) "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15(B) Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house.

In some circumstances and with some people, I have, before now, shone my faith less brightly than I might. Yet we are the light of the world! Lighthouses! People need to see the light--they need it so badly themselves. They don't need anything more desperately than to see a life transformed by the Light of the World.


Oh, there is Light Quencher too, who hates the light, but I want, as the verse above promises, to "give light to all in the house." 

And I see then, that God's promise it that "he will  make straight" my path. No longer will it be crooked and wandering, but confident; quietly but surely following its North Star and Saviour's, lead.

Comments

Janet Sketchley said…
Belinda, I've been thinking of Proverbs 3:5-6 lately in conjunction with "seek Him first"... especially in the "in all your ways acknowledge Him".

Have a wonderful time in England!
Belinda said…
Thank you Janet! It's wonderful how there is so much in each verse of scripture and it just unfolds itself endlessly in depth.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family