The Word

By Belinda

 12-13God means what he says. What he says goes. His powerful Word is sharp as a surgeon's scalpel, cutting through everything, whether doubt or defense, laying us open to listen and obey. Nothing and no one is impervious to God's Word. We can't get away from it—no matter what. (Hebrews 4:12, The Message)

This is just a note to share a verse that I read this morning. In Hebrews we read of the power that is in God's Word (see verse above,) and how true it is that a simple verse that we may have read many times before and just passed over it, can suddenly shine out at us as though in living technicolour on a page of black print on white paper.

The verse that touched me this morning was the text for today in My Utmost for His Highest, but it had nothing to do with the point that Oswald Chambers was making in the devotional he used the text for, which was on prayer.

When I read the verse from John this morning, I was moved to tears. His love washed over me as I thought of Jesus saying these words to the twelve rugged men he was leading and preparing to leave.

 I share it here because perhaps someone else may need to read it today.

John 16:27
For the Father Himself LOVES YOU 


because you have loved me 


and have believed 


that I came from God.

Comments

Ah, that's the message that matters. I need to feel loved. I need to be reminded of the love that God has for me. Thankyou.
Belinda said…
Dave, we all need that message and sometimes it lands as a benediction on the heart; as a whisper from heaven.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family