New Sight

By Belinda

The Teacher clears earth grime from the lenses of my eyes and helps me to see more clearly.

He reshapes; re-forms, my heart. If he didn't do this simultaneously with the revelation I would despair.

Puffed up pride on one hand and disdain on the other--twin sister smirches on character. No one could have told me it was so. I would have denied it; would not have seen it. But, ah, that gentle Teacher, Holy Spirit; Revealer and Counsellor--he showed me and I can never be ignorant again of that propensity in me.

Now, humility borne of truth; insight. Awareness of my smallness and true significance--not less than, but not greater than. Repentance and regret that I was blind to such a (now) glaring heart shadow; that it took so long to see.

Mostly I am grateful to God, who loved me as I was, loves me as I am, and as I will be and who is in intimate relationship with me, caring to reveal, caring to change, and always in love.

Psalm 119:103-104 (Amplified Bible)
103How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!(A)    104Through Your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way.

Comments

Susan said…
Wow. That is so beautiful. I can really hang my laundry on this line.

It's poetic. And the photograph... beautiful! What's the story there?
Belinda said…
I should have explained about the photo. I took it in a store in Jerusalem--it's Jacob wrestling with the angel. I thought it was appropriate in a way.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family