Morning Surrender

holy experience


Sometimes surrender can be as simple as eating a boiled egg,
With family chatter over comics and concerns about cats,
Banter about tasks to do, sun shining on the snow outside the window
Gratitude for home, safety, family and friends

Who phone to say they’d love to see you but need their space,
Recommend the silence they are craving themselves:
The knowing between you that it is God who heals through silence
The sifting of memory of a night’s turmoil in the light of day,

Remembrance of laying down anger and hurt, embracing forgiveness,
Love and loyalty, gratitude and hope,
Putting skin on them in this morning coziness,
Dipping my dead mother’s bone egg spoon into

The soft inside of my egg, reflecting on the softness inside of me
Inside my crusty shell, broken now so I can taste the goodness,
As I am broken in my willingness to let go, to move on
To find fresh and simple joys in this new day.

Meg Wardroper
February 2010

“Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.”
Psalm 30:5b

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family