The Journey

My friend Poppy requested; after reading the post, The School, the Street and the Saviour, this addendum, a poem I wrote in 1982, about my spiritual journey. Thank you for asking Poppy, and thank you Lord, for the journey.

Not for me the blinding light
Of a Damascus road,
But then, I was no Saul, no persecutor of Christians
hater of Christ

I walked in two worlds, finding both exciting, beckoning,
as I stood on the threshold of my life

For me, the Spirit’s gentle wooing,
How wise, how wonderful, God’s many ways, of reaching us,
His wayward ones

More and more, I became His, until I saw the world, through strangely different eyes.
Things that once beckoned, now had lost their charm,
As He so gently guided me
away from harm

Comments

Angcat said…
Beautiful B.
Thank you for sharing this.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family