Two Scripture Passages and a Song Sandwiched Between

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."


Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.


Father, I want You to hold me
I want to rest in Your arms today
Father, I want You to show me
How much You care for me in ev’ryway

I bring you all my cares
And I lay them at Your feet
You are always there
And You love me as I am
Yes You love me as I am

Father, I know You will hold me
I know I am Your child, Your own
Father, I know You will show me
I feel Your arms holding me, I’m not alone

I bring you all my fears
And I lay them at Your feet
You are always here
And You love me as I am
Yes, You love me as I am

Brian Doerksen
Copyright © 1991 Mercy/Vineyard Publishing. All rights reserved. International copyright secured.


Jesus said: I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. John 14:18 NASB

Shout for joy, O heavens! And rejoice, O earth!
Break forth into joyful shouting, O mountains!
For the LORD has comforted His people
And will have compassion on His afflicted.

But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me, and the Lord has forgotten me."


"Can a woman forget her nursing child
And have no compassion on the son of her womb?
Even these may forget, but I will not forget you.
Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands..."
Isaiah 49:13-16a NASB

To listen to Brian Doerksen's song, go to: www.imeem.com/mirjamruth/music/MgmJITeA/brian_doerksen_father_i_want_you_to_hold_me/

Comments

Belinda said…
The song is playing as I'm typing this. It came as part of a delicious sandwich; comfort food. Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family