Heart Re-Alignment

Ephesians 4:2 (New International Version)
2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

How opposite to human nature these words are: "Be patient, bearing with one another in love."

"Bearing with, in love" is not something I am good at. I want to point out an offence, to make sure the other person understands that they did something wrong.

I'm not a mechanic, but I know that when wheels are out of alignment, it makes for a bumpy and rough ride. So it is when our hearts are out of alignment with God's ways. I knew when I read this verse this morning--I needed an alignment job. I needed to think less of my ruffled feathers and care more for the other person.

Dear Lord, let your humility and gentleness be my garments today. Help me to bear with others as you bear with me every day. Forgive me for thinking more of myself than of others. Thank you for your Holy Spirit, who steers the ship of my heart when I open it up to you.

Ephesians 4:32 (New International Version)
32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Ephesians 4:15 (New International Version)
15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family