Fly

I was nearing home when I saw them. They flew in that beautiful V formation, this time with hardly a passing honk, except from the ones at the rear, encouragement probably. I've heard that's what they do. Their leader was out front, long neck, and flat, pointed head like an arrow toward their destination. I felt my feet quicken, muscles tense in my legs and I wanted to run, shout "Wait for me, I'm coming too". They were going somewhere. They had heard the clarion call and were answering.

Help me Lord to listen, point and go with determination, so that when I hear that Clarion Call, I am ready to hit the skies running and meet You in the air.

A minute later, the geese were gone and then I heard another crowd. This time they were sounding their horns loudly, still flying in a V, but unorganized, confused. Their leader was gone. They swooped around in a circle, flew over my head again and flapped, calling loudly in the direction the first flock had gone.

They had missed the call.

Lord Jesus, I fix my eyes on You, for You are the Author and Finisher of my faith. Thank you for the parable in the geese, in all of your creation, that trumpets Your coming. I will listen for Your Call.
"Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what He has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.
"He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon." Amen. Come Lord Jesus.
Revelation 22:12-14, 20 NIV

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank the Lord,He said He will speak to us through his creation. Allelluia Praise His Name.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family