Cloud Camel Trains

Psalm 25:4-5 (New Living Translation)
4 Show me the right path, O Lord;
point out the road for me to follow.
5 Lead me by your truth and teach me,
for you are the God who saves me.
All day long I put my hope in you.

It was so still in the house as I padded around the kitchen in the early morning. How I love being up first. I've always relished the solitude; even as a child I loved to get up before everyone else.

I glanced out of the window, drawn, as usual, to the sky and fields and hills, and saw a low layer of clouds moving across the sky, from the south-west to the north-east, in stately procession. They reminded me of a slow moving camel train heaped with packages of spices, silks and Persian carpets, bound for some distant city.

It was beautiful; peaceful, in the morning light. Their passage seemed so purposeful and unhurried. The line they traveled across the sky was straight, driven by a powerful, invisible wind current.

I prayed for my day to be as purposeful as the clouds seemed this morning, and that the force carrying and directing me would be the wind of God's Spirit.

Psalm 32:8 (New Living Translation)
8 The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.
I will advise you and watch over you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks Belinda this Psalm keeps coming back to me for the past week, thanks for sharing it. I know the Lord is speaking to me on it.
I, too, love the still quiet of the morning. The day has yet to begin and the night has yet to end. Between the two is the opportunity for stillness. Lovely post, Dave

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family