Alpha and Omega ~ A Foretaste of Heaven

Revelation 21:1-3 (New International Version)
1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

The worship team was singing as I arrived this morning at our Central District offices. I carried bags of sweet grapes and pineapple into the kitchen for later on, and then slipped quietly into the back of the room to join the symphony of praise with the 40 or so staff gathered there at the start of a day of training.

Alicia was leading, eyes closed, face raised to heaven, arms spread wide. The rest of the team: Haesun on keyboard, Deanna on bongo drums and Karen singing; played and sang with deep passion. The staff they were leading in worship represented nations from all over the world, a cultural diversity unique to Toronto.

As the worship time drew to a conclusion, Karen's beautiful, rich voice called me to the front, "Belinda, would you come and commit the day to God in prayer?" I was honoured to do so, and as I finished my prayer, the lights dimmed. A song of praise, that I realized later was coming from a video on the screen behind me, began. It was a song of worship so beautiful and unrestrained that it brought us to the very throne room of God with all of the angels and saints who have gone before.

The singers were a group called Israel and New Breed and the song was Alpha and Omega, live in South Africa. I thought that there could be no better gift from the blog tonight than sharing it. Click the link below to hear the song on You Tube.

Revelation 21:6 (New International Version)
6He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5WWdA1KgYM

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you for sharing that song is from my country and I truly have enjoyed it. God Bless.............
Belinda said…
Oh I then I am SO glad you got to see it and enjoyed it. What a blessing.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family