Spring

I’m sitting on my front step after taking Chris to the bus and spring is burgeoning all around me.
My children and I inspected the gardens yesterday and we found irises, tulips, daffodils, crocuses, day lilies, Canterbury bells, periwinkle and bleeding hearts all poking their courageous little heads out of the ground.

The earth smells new and the dove sings her sad song. I always thought she was a ‘morning’ dove, as that’s when you hear them most, but her song is mournful and I am captured at her grief. All manner of winged creatures are twittering and chirping in the new day.
I brush my hand over a pot of herbs that have sat outside all winter and the tangy scent is still strong. It’s thyme. It’s time! Nature is proclaiming all around me that it is TIME. Hope is springing new. The cycle continues and God is showing His mercy in the new day of spring.

“Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.”
Lamentations 3:22-23 NKJV

Angcat

Comments

Leann said…
O yes spring.the season that gives us hope for a new begining.God bless I enjoyed your post
Anonymous said…
Yesterday in Windsor it hit 35 degrees and you could almost see the flowers growing. There were flowers blooming at lunch in the flowerboxes outside the building I'm working in that weren't there when I came in in the morning. It's not time ... it's about time.

Dave

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family